Wanted research participants
Apart from offering counselling and psychotherapy at my private practice in Ealing, I am currently a postgraduate student at the University of East London.. As part of this course I am looking for participants who will be happy to participate in an individual interview with me.
What is the research?
- I am conducting a research into how people with sex addiction manage their process of recovery by concurrently attending 12-step programs for sex addiction regularly and individual psychotherapy weekly.
The research is aimed at identifying important aspects of how people benefit from this combined approach. It also aims to explore how people manage potential difficulties which may arise from this combination. The ultimate goal is to deepen professional understanding on how this approach will facilitate better outcome for psychotherapeutic treatment in sex addiction.
My research has been approved by the School of Psychology Research Ethics Committee. This means that my research follows the standard of research ethics set by the British Psychological Society.
Why have you been asked to participate?
- You have been invited to participate in my research as someone who I believe has been motivated to push through a significant process and therefore can make an invaluable contribution to my study. I am looking to involve people who are age 18 or over and have been regularly attending 12-step meetings for sex addiction and weekly individual psychotherapy concurrently for at least three years. Participants are expected to have at least two years of abstinence.
What will your participation involve?
- If you agree to participate in this research, you will be asked to take part in a one-to-one interview with me either at my private practice in Ealing or with Skype. I can offer more details at the time of your contact.
As a token of gratitude to participants who take the trouble of travelling to my practice, I offer to reimburse your travel expenses up to £20. Please let me know, if you wish to choose this option.
Will your taking part be safe and confidential?
- Your safety and privacy is paramount. You will not be identified by the data collected, on any written material resulting from the data collected or in any write-up of the research. You do not have to answer all questions asked of you and can stop your participation at any time.
What will happen to the information that you provide?
- I can offer more details at the time when you contact me. This research is approved by the university's Research Ethics Committee and is therefore appropriately structured to ensure that the data which you provide will be securely managed.
If you would like further information about my research or have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me through either my mobile or email me by clicking here..